Published on January 4th, 2020
By Scott Lozak
A lighter is arguably one of the most important survival accessories you can have at your disposable. While traditional lighters require a lighter fluid or gas, Point Below's lighter only requires a charge via USB!
Introducing the Explorer™ USB Lighter - waterproof, windproof, and ridiculously durable. A tool that should be in everyones backpack. Continue reading below for a more in-depth review of this lighter.
Overall Durability 5/5
Battery Life 5/5
This lighter is surprisingly durable, so we give it a 5 out of 5 score.
• We completely submerged it in water for 5 minutes - it still worked.
• We dropped the lighter from over 100 ft - it still worked.
• We completely submerged it in snow for over 30 minutes - it still worked.
This was an important one for us, and the lighter rose to the occasion to impress.
• We completely sank the battery until it wouldn't light
• We charged the lighter for 1 hour using a standard USB wall plug
• We lit the lighter over 50 times for maximum duration (about 10 seconds) and there was no sign of it dying.
As with any tool, device, or material that you're counting on in a survival kit, design is crucial. The design of this lighter is more than satisfactory.
• Air-tight seal around ignition coil with a locking clasp makes it completely waterproof
• Zinc-Alloy shell that is extremely durable. It can withstand any drops, falls, or damage that may occur.
• Loop for lanyard or rope attachment, allowing you to wear the lighter as a necklace or attach it securely to your bag.
"My two young labs absolutely love this toy. They are rough on toys, so we have to work with them on not trying to destroy a toy the moment it is given to them.
This "flying squirrel" immediately became and continues to be a high value toy, so it is put up and out of the way when not being played with. Lightweight and flexible, but even so, the toy is really durable.”